AOL mail is undoubtedly the most advanced email communication service that offers the best way to communicate with your contacts and friends without considering the threats of security. It provides you greater satisfaction with its great features and helps you immensely so that you can achieve the maximum support in your communication process. Now AOL mail uses PFC file format that is Personal cabinet file to store the information on the server. But there are few hosts such as Outlook that don’t use the PFC format and use PST file format. So you would be unable to use AOL mail on Outlook and some other hosts. In such cases, you need to convert AOL mail to PST files. With this conversion you can easily get your AOL account to be supported on the Outlook and other such hosts. In case you can’t find the exact solution then you should contact at AOL email customer care number for further assistance.
Detailed steps to convert AOL mail to PST file:
You need a clear approach to perform this activity on your own. Here are some easy steps to complete the process. all you need to do is follow these steps:
- You need to open your Microsoft Outlook.
- Then you have to go to the File option.
- Next press the info option and then account.
- You will get an open account settings window where you need to click on the new button.
- Mark on the option “Manual setup or additional server types” and press the next button.
- Select “IMAP/POP” and proceed with this information:
- Account Type: IMAP
- Incoming Mail Server: imap.aol.com
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.aol.com
- Then provide this information in the log in the area:
- User Name: Email address of AOL account
- Password: AOL email password
- Click on the box remember password and go to more settings.
- Then you need to navigate the outgoing server.
- Checkmark the “SMTP requires” box and fill this information in advanced option:
- Incoming Server: IMAP – Port: 993
- Incoming Server Encrypted Connection: SSL
- Outgoing Server: SMTP – Port: 587
- Outgoing Server Encrypted Connection – TLS/Auto
- Then you need to verify these details on your own and when you confirm click on the “OK” button and close the window.
These methods are quite helpful but somehow a little bit complicated. So it may happen that you can’t find the exact options. So in these cases, you should contact at AOL email technical support number and get the easy support with a clear approach.