AOL is considered to be one of the most dignified email service providers. When you use an email account, obviously you will prefer using one application and not both web browser and mail app open to ensure that you receive an email. To access your AOL email, you just need to have a good Internet connection and a web browser, that’s it. It would be easier for you to use a single application instead of using both because it makes you keep your emails organized and ignore disarrangement. You can specifically create an account in the Apple mail application on your Mac. So if you want to set up your AOL in the mail app, you will have to follow the steps mentioned below, and you will be able to access your AOL email using Apple’s Mail. You can also get in touch with AOL email customer care number to get technical assistance from well-trained experts.
Steps to set up AOL in Apple’s mail are:
- In the first step, you need to go to the main menu, and you will see an option ‘Add account’, you have to click on that
- You will see a window “Choose a mail account provider’ you need to click on that and select AOL
- Proceed by clicking on Continue
- In this step, you have to enter your AOL email address or username and proceed by clicking on ‘next.’
- You have to type your password in this step and proceed by clicking on ‘OK,’ and you will be done with signing into the account
- You will find some information on the screen, read them carefully. The information consists of your AOL calendar, contacts, mail, profiles. This information will be accessible to Mac once you agree. You will be asked to agree to the AOL terms and conditions; you will have to click on that.
- You will be shown a number of apps, and you will have to select which apps you have to use with the AOL account.
- Here you will see a new AOL inbox in mail
- Now you will start receiving your AOL emails
You might be asked for more information, so you need to follow these formats when providing the information:
- IMAP server: imap.aol.com
- IMAP User Name: Your AOL screen name
- IMAP password: Your AOL Mail password
- IMAP Port: 993
- IMAP TLS/SSL: Required
- SMTP server address: smtp.aol.com
- SMTP user name: Your AOL screen name
- SMTP password: Your AOL mail password
- SMTP port: 587
- SMTP TLS/SSL: Required
You will have to follow the steps provided above to access your AOL mail using Apple’s mail. If these steps could not help you, you can ring up AOL email customer support number to get assistance by trained professionals who will provide you the best solution to the issue. These executives are available 24 hours at your service.